Thursday, October 3, 2013

Weekend Eats.

One of the many perks of living in New York City is that you never have to eat at the same place twice.

Do I? Yes.

We are all creatures of habit, and sometimes I just crave a cheese burger from Shake Shack or a slice of pepperoni pizza from Ray's on St. Marks. 

I recently moved to Astoria, Queens where the food is "all the rage." 
I mean there is everything: Greek, Thai, Mexican, BBQ, and even MexiBBQ. 
{Yes, that is a real thing. I also like to refer to it as Southern Girl Heaven.}

That being said, I made it a point to explore this past weekend. 
I have been swamped with school work so I needed to take my mind off things. 
What better way to do it than some good food and drinks? 

My first stop this weekend was Astoria Bier & Cheese
It's a craft beer and cheese shop, and well, absolutely adorable. 
Its been on my "must try" list since I moved in May, and even though its 5 blocks away I just got around to it. 
We, Arielle and I, were just in the mood for a filling snack and great beer, and we got it. 
We had the assorted cheese platter and Caprese salad, paired with a delicious pumpkin ale. 
Then on our way out we picked up a few beers to take back to the apartment. 
I was beyond excited to see they had Shiner Bock, another gem in NYC for Southerners. 


Our next stop of the weekend was The Growler on Stone St. 
If you have never been to Stone St., you must go.
I seriously felt like I stepped out of New York and into Diagon Alley in Harry Potter.
Its a tiny, stone street lined with bars, and on the weekend they fill the street with picnic tables.
The perfect setting for a late afternoon brunch. 

The Growler also has an amazing brunch deal and is in touch with the DIY trend. 
$12 gets you unlimited Bloody Marys and to top it off you get to make them yourself!
I like to think I mastered the perfect Bloody Mary.



{Chipotle Tomato Juice, Worcestershire, A1 Steak Sauce, Pickle Juice topped with Cracked Black Pepper, Bacon, Lemon, Pickled Okra and Green Onion.}



I paired this delicious Bloody Mary with the Bacon & Banana Pancakes. 
Sounds weird, taste AH-mazing! 


{Arielle and me.}

xoxo.





No comments:

Post a Comment