Thursday, July 5, 2012

Goodbye June.


Since I haven’t posted in about a month, I figure it is only appropriate for a quick update of what happened during my first month in New York City. So here goes nothing—

After three trips to Ikea, I am finally settled into my room and have shelves and decorations on the wall. Though most of them are crooked and look like that might come crashing down at any moment, at least they are up!

{Carrying all this back to my apartment was a challenge.}


I went to my first east coast beach. It was surprisingly nice and reminded me of Destin, Fl. I have been there everyday I’ve had off work since.

{Rockaway Beach}


I finally strolled through Grand Central Station. AMAZING. I looked like a total tourist taking photos, but in my head I felt like I was in an episode of Gossip Girl. Spotted.

{Grand Central Station}

Friends from home have already come to visit. That was my favorite part. I love getting to see them! Living in the city would be absolutely perfect if I could just bring all my great friends with me. I know I will make friends that are great here but nothing can compare to those back home.

{Carly during our delicious breakfast at the Grey Dog.}

Lastly, I have a new roommate. My current roommate, Derick, decided to move back to Arkansas and attended the UofA for his masters. Now I have a Craigslist roommate, hopefully not killer. She moves in on Saturday so pray that this goes well for me.

{Derick's last day in NYC.}

That’s my June in a nutshell.

Xoxo,

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love NYC so I can't wait to hear more about your time there! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete