Friday, June 4, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Over the past weekend I had the chance to go to the lake with some close friends. They are actually more like family then friends. For the past six years, and even before, I have spent as much time with this family as I have my own parents and sister. They have taught me so much about love and have helped shape me into the person I am today, and I am so thankful to have
such wonderful people in my life. Most of my friends think it is odd that I spend so much time with them because of the fact that I dated their son for--lets just say a long time, but we did remain friends after the fact. It's not that I still want to be with this person or anything close to that, its just that they were part of my life for so long that I cant just cut them out. Plain and simple. So for everyone who thinks its so weird, its not.



With that said, we spent a wonderful weekend at the lake. I love the lake. It is in my top five favorite places to be on earth. I spent most of the weekend soaking up the sun on the boat while watching the younger kids (that feels weird to say) tube, ski, and wakeboard. Although I did get on the tube a couple times and wakeboarded a little, most of the time I just watched. I also did a little reading so overall it was a very relaxing weekend. But you can't go to the lake and not have a little excitement...

One night we went 4-wheeling along some trails around the lake house. I haven't been on these trails in almost two years because I just had a bad experience. I am TERRIFIED of spiders, and few summers ago we went riding through the woods. Literally every five seconds we where running through spider webs accompanied my huge spiders. So the whole time I was to worried about spiders getting on me to enjoy the 4-wheeler ride. I don't mind bugs or snakes, but spiders get the best of me. I did see a few spiders during our ride, but I just tried to keep my mind off of them and enjoy the ride. I ended up have a blast and didn't get a single spider on me!

The next day while I was laying out, Cassidy and her friends went riding on the same trails. They went through the same mud puddle we had the night before, but there was something much more exciting waiting for them! They found this HUGE alligator turtle. They came running down the hill to the lake with ice chest in hand screaming for us to come see! When the ice chest opened, we saw this "little" guy....

Needless to say, he is not little. And he was very angry that he had been shoveled into a ice box. He snapped at us with his long neck and gave us evil stares, but we thought it was awesome they had found him just lying in a mud puddle. I was just upset we didn't have paint to decorate his shell. Maybe next time....



Ms. Connie and I also attended a rodeo this weekend. I have not been to a rodeo in years. When I was younger my family went to rodeos, horse shows and trade shows all the time. I was even in horse shows for years, but it had been forever since I had been to one so I was excited. The rodeo was in the little town of Mt. Vernon, AR. Nothing exciting really happened at the rodeo, we didn't win the $50 dollar prize and no one had an eight second ride but we did see something very beautiful on the way to the rodeo-- rainbow.





I ended up have a great Memorial Day weekend! How was every one's weekend? Find anything exciting or cool??

No comments:

Post a Comment