Wednesday, February 2, 2011

new year on the east coast

Over Christmas break, Casey and I went to NYC and Boston for a mini vacation. We spent three days in each city, and I think we did as much as possible in those six days. It was a great way to start 2011.

It was my first time in NYC and it was nothing like I expected. It is one of those cities that you either absolutely love or just don't care for. I was the one who didn't really care for it. It was awesome to see everything in NYC but I could never live there. It looks much better on television. If I were ever to live in Manhattan, I would have to be a millionaire that could afford to shop at Chanel and Bergdorf's on a daily basis. I don't see that happening anytime in the near future. I am happy that I was able to go and explore the city for a few days, but I just didn't fall in love. My favorite part was just walking around the city and taking pictures-which I took a ton of.

On the other hand, I LOVE Boston. I had been there before, but I just love it even more now. I looked at Boston University while I was there, and it is perfect. It is right around the corner from Fenway and Newbury Street, where all the shopping is. I plan on applying to grad school at BU and hopefully will be living there in the next few years, if all goes as planned. It is a completely different world compared to NYC. It is very laid back, beautiful and full of history! I would tell anyone to visit if they have the chance. The only thing I didn't get to do in Boston, that I would have loved, was go to a Celtics game. They were playing the Spurs, and I wanted to go so bad. Tickets were too expensive so I just have to add that to my list of things to do when I go back.


No comments:

Post a Comment