Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Mother's Love

Today I came home from school to find my mother doing some serious winter cleaning in my apartment. She vacuumed the entire place, washed my clothes, picked up my room, washed dishes and scrubbed my bathroom until it sparkled. I have the most wonderful mother anyone could ask for, and I was so happy to see her today. When I finally dragged her away from cleaning, we went on a little shopping trip. There isn't much shopping in Russellville-but we did what we could. I got some new decor for my apartment and some Christmas gifts for a few friends, and then we headed to Colton's for dinner.

Nathan and I had our radio show tonight, and my mom decided to sit in the studio with us to see how the whole thing goes. Secretly-she just wanted to see Nathan. She has adored him since we were in high school. It was cool having her there and letting her see what kind of stuff we get to do at school. I was a little disappointed that she or my sister didn't want to talk on the radio. I am sure our five listeners would have enjoyed it!

Today, and everyday, I am thankful to have such a wonderful mother and family. I wouldn't be able to do half the things that I do without them. It was great spending the afternoon with her. I will have to start redecorating my apartment more so she will come visit more often. The reason for her visit was to see my Christmas tree.

Speaking of mothers-I love Carrie Underwood's song Mama's Song. It is such a great mother-daughter song.



"Teach your children to choose the right path, and when they are older, they will remain upon it." 
-Proverbs 22:6



No comments:

Post a Comment