Thursday, January 19, 2012

Quick Trip

Last weekend, I took a quick trip to see these beautiful people. 



By quick, I mean I spent less than 48 hours out of town but it was so great to see these three.
I managed to do a lot of exploring around Bentonville, Ark. Which is a much more interesting town than I expected. 

We spent most of Saturday in downtown Rodgers and Bentonville checking out local coffee shops and thrift stores. 


I visited the original Wal-Mart, which now serves as a museum highlighting the success of Sam Walton. It's fascinating that such a success started in a 5-10 in Bentonville, Ark. 


We also went to the Crystal Bridges Art Center. It just opened this past summer. It features tons of pieces. The picture above was my favorite display. The picture is made from spools of thread. You cannot see the picture until you look through the glass ball thingy (not the official term). It was so neat. 


After a delicious dinner, we went ice skating at an outdoor rink then warmed up with coffee at the Press Room. It's a newer coffee shop in the area with a unique atmosphere. Very big city. 


We finished the weekend with a game of bowling. Brandon kicked our butts.


I had an early drive back to Little Rock so I could make it to work. Thank goodness for Chai Tea Lattes and safe photo taking to keep me from falling back asleep. 


I brought home so nifty trinkets I found at a local thrift store. I knew my dad would get a kick out of the beer mug. I was right. And we all know I love the Mr. Kennedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment