Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Jay Ohh Bee

I went to Ft. Worth last weekend to spend the weekend with Will. It was a great weekend!! We went to the Texas Rangers game on Friday. The fireworks after the game were awesome, but the game felt like it lasted forever. And I am even a baseball fan--Will not so much. We also went to the Modern Art Museum of Ft. Worth and practiced being "modern." I am surprised we did not get kicked out. We don't do the whole "being modern, reflecting on art" thing so well, so the trip consisted of a lot of laughing!

I then spent all of Saturday being a TCU fan minus wearing purple. The only color of clothing I did not pack, of course. We watched the game at an amazing Taco place called Fuzzy's Tacos. I definitely recommend the shrimp taco with a little butt burning sauce (yes, that's the official name) if you are ever in the area.

I also learned that I suck at darts, but Will was nice enough to put up with it through a few games. It was a great time, and I met some cool people, and made many trips to Whataburger. Unfortunately, I won't be able to keep making tons of trips to the Lonestar state because I accepted a jay ohh bee.

SO, Monday I will start my new job as a manager in training at Abercrombie & Fitch. The opportunity fell into my lap yesterday when a friend from college called to see if I would be interested. I interviewed and now I start on Monday--very crazy. It seems like everytime I go to Texas, I come back to some type of job opportunity.

I am so thankful for this opportunity! I had got a side job at Old Chicago in NLR and went to one day of training. I hated it. I did the restuarant thing all through college, which was great then, but I am ready for a "big girl" job.

I never thought I would start working at Abercrombie or still be in Arkansas at this point, but I know the experience will be worthwhile. So my "moving to Texas" plans are put on hold for now. I will get out of this place sooner or later, but hopefully sooner.

This means I have one last weekend as an unemployed graduate. WHAT TO DO? Well, Katey and I are having a garage sell. Katey will be moving soon for a new job, so we are trying to make a little extra cash to use until we start bringing in the paychecks. Those are my exciting weekend plans so far! I'm sure I will find something to get into.

No comments:

Post a Comment