Thursday, April 15, 2010

PRSSA National Assembly


#mannequinarm: found on 6th street by PRSSA members: Bridget Bartol, Kevin Brown, Dana Bubonovich, Ian De La Rosa, Giovanna Gomez, Eddie Gonzalez, Kristy Gonzalez, Angela Giles, Danielle Gibbons, and Kelsea Bruce. Our goal is to make #mannequinarm a trending topic on twitter. (So keep it going) Also, #mannequinarm will continue to make random appearances at PRRSA events, making its debut at PRSSA National Assembly 2010.



I promised a post on National Assembly, sorry for the delay. Assembly was an amazing experience, and if I could go back now I would be there in a heartbeat. I learned so much about PRSSA, and had the opportunity to meet PR students from across the United States. I had roommates from Pennsylvania, Florida, and North Carolina. The weekend was so much fun, and as a delegate I got to vote on our new national board. The day of the assembly was a very long day filled with speeches, voting, and re-voting but it was well worth it. It lasted for about 10 hours, so it got a little tiring but it was not near as bad as people predicted. It gave us delegates the chance to get to know the candidates and really decide who should represent PRSSA at the national level.
Along with all the PRSSA activities, we also had the chance to see the city of Austin. It is a very trendy city, which most wouldn't expect in Texas. 6th street was just as fun as everyone says. Staying downtown was very convenient, and we got the chance to experience some of Austin's famous joints. Hut's Hamburgers=Delicious. It reminded me a lot of CJ's here in Russellville. Then there was Home Slice Pizza which was AMAZING. Probably the best pizza ever, or maybe I was really hunger. But i would definitely recommended it if your ever in Austin. They also have the Whattaburger chain, but I was disappointed that I didn't eat there, guess that will be fore next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment